ManofSteele’s HopAPAtomous Pale Ale
Brew Date: 2/19/11
Brew Partners: ManofSteele
- 5.0lbs Light DME (Dry Malt Extract)
- 1.6lbs 20L Crystal Malt
- 1.0oz Amarillo (60min)
- 0.75oz German Spalt (10min)
- 0.5oz Summit (finishing)
- 1.0oz Chinook (dry hop)
- Safale US-5 Dry Ale Yeast
- In a LARGE muslin bag, steep grains in 2.0gal water for 30min at 126F for a protein rest.
- Raise temperature to 150F for starch conversion, and hold for 10 minutes.
- Raise temperature to 158F for full starch/dextrin conversion, and hold for 15 minutes.
- Remove grains and sparge with 0.5 gal water.
- Add DME and 60min hops, and bring wort to full rolling boil.
- After 50min, add 10min hops.
- After 60min, remove from heat and add finishing hops.
- Chill to 80-75F.
- Add wort to your carboy with 2 gal cold water. Top off to 5gal.
- Pitch yeast at 70F.
- After primary fermentation is complete, rack to secondary and add dry hops.
Primary Date: 2/19/11
Package Type: Brown Bottle
Final ABV: 5.4% appx
Bitterness (appx): 34IBU
Color (appx): 7.9L SRM